3772 North Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
|Phone Number:||225-334-7494 ext. 208|
Programs that we offer the community include:
· Lunch-N-Learn, an educational series featuring local experts who speak on topics related to Alzheimer's disease
· Tender Loving Care (TLC) for Caregivers, which provides fun activities for both caregivers and their loved ones where caregivers can find allies in their journey and individuals struggling with dementia an opportunity to socialize
· Making Sense of Cents, a financial literacy program where caregivers can learn about Alzheimer's Services and resources, as well as healthcare options including VA benefits, insurance and legal documents every caregiver should have prepared.
· A total of 10 different support groups across our 10-parish service area
· Respite Reimbursement program
· MedicAlert & Safe Return program
· Train the Trainer - an extensive course that teaches designated coordinators in nursing homes and/or adult residential communities the certified course-work
· Resource Library
Most notably, Alzheimer's Services also provides Charlie's Place activity & respite centers in Baton Rouge and Gonzales. Charlie's Place is is a program for individuals with early to mild stage Alzheimer's and dementia-related disorders designed to provide cognitive stimulation and social interaction while giving caregivers a much-needed break. Charlie's Place equals quality care at its best. The program offers a non-threatening, home-like experience, where participants can enjoy a purposeful, six-hour day with a host of activities to stimulate cognition and socialization. A complete listing of our programs and resources can be found on our website: alzbr.org.
Alzheimer's Services is not affiliated with a national organization; therefore, all funds raised remain in our 10-parish service area which includes Ascension, Assumption, East and West Baton Rouge, East and West Feliciana, Iberville, Livingston, Pointe Coupee and St. Helena Parishes.
"You all were with me on this journey. There are no words to truly express how much I appreciate your care and support. I thank you with all of my heart. May God bless each of you. " - Janice, a caregiver for her mother.
"Your efforts have made a difference in our lives, and you continue to grace us with your thoughtfulness and care." - The Schexnaydre Family
"My family is forever grateful for your respite reimbursement program and the help that it has provided." - Iris, a caregiver for her mother.
"I don't know what I would have done without the support groups that Alzheimer's Services provides. The support group has made me strong and taught me about the disease." - Hollie, a caregiver for her husband.